Saying “Thank you” is powerful! Being Thankful is more powerful! The word gratitude means the feeling of being grateful or thankful! The feeling…I am not necessarily a proponent of being emotional or driven by your feelings, but in this case, concerning gratitude, the power of gratitude comes by way of your feelings. The minute you begin to remember the goodness of people, it will put a smile on your face. The minute you recognize that you are alive and well…and there are worse places and circumstances you can be in…in that moment, you allow gratitude to wash over your heart…you can’t stay in some negative feeling or frustration! It’s good to be alive! It’s great to have people around you who care deeply for you. Gratitude can shift you if you let it….
- Gratitude can lift a person from depression!
- Gratitude can change a frown into a smile!
- Gratitude can shift the energy in a room!
- Gratitude can reunite broken relationships!
- Gratitude can repair broken hearts!
- Gratitude can change your perspective on life and living!
Just saying “thank you”, can change the most challenging situation you might find yourself in. Writing it down and remembering what you are grateful for can change your paradigm – your attitude about life and difficulties you are going through. What Are You Grateful For?
Here are a few ways you can incorporate gratitude in your life on a daily basis:
- Write personal “thank you” notes – sit down and do it the old fashion way – pen and paper
- Call a friend or family member on the phone and tell them
- Write in your journal what you are thankful for each and every day
- Take a walk – a gratitude walk and remember – enjoy the world around you as you walk
- Acts of kindness – touch someone else by giving to them unexpectedly, for no reason other than gratitude
Saying “thank you” can be two of the most difficult words for people to speak and yet there is so much power in the acknowledgement of what these two words mean…to yourself and to others. What Are You Grateful For? Take a moment today and leave me a comment below…What Are You Grateful For? Share this post with others. I am on a mission of gratitude today!